On Tuesday April 13th I will be starting ‘Mindful Movement for Cancer’ sessions as part of the Thornton Heath Hub support initiative. These sessions are funded to run for 12 weeks every Tuesday evening between 7.30 – 8.30pm through Zoom. This will be for people living with, in remission or caring for someone who has cancer and live in the Thornton Heath area.
This course came about when Cheryl Johnson recently created and ran a Cancer Creativity group which included, Introduction to Macmillan Cancer Support, healthy eating, art and craft workshops, sex and cancer, looking good and feeling better, creating festive decorations, healthy baking and mindfulness including movement.
This was a such popular course and from the very positive feedback Cheryl will run other courses later this year, also what came from the feedback was how much the participants enjoyed the Mindful Movement session, and from this the ‘Mindful Movement’ course was developed.
For funding reasons attendees must:
- Live in the Thornton Heath area
- To express an interest please contact either:
- Peter Lawrence – mindfullybalanced.co.uk/contact
- for contact details to be kept on file. Your details will not be shared without your permission, and then only with funders for auditing purposes.
- to complete a pre-course questionnaire which will be sent to complete on-line, before the course starts.
- to complete an on-line post-course questionnaire on completion.
- Information from these questionnaires will be confidential.
This will be an exciting and interesting course with lots of fun, movement and learning mindful techniques to help improve well-being and quality of life.