This is a group of rare inherited conditions that affect connective tissue. Connective tissue provide support support in skin, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, internal organs and bones. EDS can affect people in different ways. For some, the condition is relatively mild, while for others their symptoms can be disabling.
People with EDS may have:
- Joint hyper mobility
- loose, unstable joints that dislocate easily
- Joint pain and clicking joints
- Extreme tiredness (fatigue)
- Skin which bruises easily
- Digestive problems, such as heartburn and constipation